HJF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing military medicine. We serve military, medical, academic and government clients by administering, managing and supporting preeminent scientific programs that benefit members of the armed forces and civilians alike.
Since its founding in 1983, HJF has served as a vital link between the military medical community and its federal and private partners. HJF’s support and administrative capabilities allow military medical researchers and clinicians to maintain their scientific focus and accomplish their research goals.
HJF advances military medicine for the mutual benefit of military and civilian health. HJF values:
- Honesty and Integrity: We conduct business irreproachably.
- Dignity and Respect: We honor each other’s dignity through mutual respect.
- Work-Life Balance: We understand that a positive work-life balance is essential to the well-being of our employees and success of our mission.
- Excellence and Accountability: We strive for excellence and hold ourselves accountable.
- Innovation and Initiative: We embrace individual initiatives that drive successful innovations
- Teamwork: We recognize that the best innovations come from effective teamwork.
HJF is led by President and Chief Executive Officer, Joseph Caravalho, Jr. Dr. Caravalho is responsible for the guidance and leadership of HJF. He sets the strategic goals and guides HJF in advancing military and civilian medicine. There are ten vice presidents overseeing each of HJF’s departments and a Council of Directors oversees HJF’s financial and strategic goals.