What are we looking for?
Our website is in urgent need of updating and maintaining its usefulness to its users. We are looking for a volunteer who is inspired by our Global Health mission and: (1) is familiar with our current platform (WordPress) (2) is able to work on a sales commission basis
- Work with the CEO to understand the requirements and keep him updated on progress
- Using your experience and creativity to make attractive and accessible website pages.
- Help us with analytics, if possible, so that we can find ways to drive traffic to our websites.
- Ability to work on your own, remotely, with little or no supervision is very important.
- Produce sample page layouts, known as ‘wireframing’
- Receive feedback from the CEO about draft sites and make any necessary adjustments
- Ensure the ‘look’ of new websites adheres to company branding
- Edit and proofread text content and grammar
- Ensure websites meet accessibility and privacy standards
- Install security protections on websites
- Ensure websites function on a variety of devices
- Optimising SEO for maximum speed, scalability and visibility
- Conducting regular website audit and testing
- Your ideas count!
Candidates should be proficient and have some experience in one of the following:
- WordPress (ideally)
- API web integration
This is a remote working opportunity. We would like to have someone available at a minimum for half a day a week to help maintain and update our WordPress website. You will be working alongside the CEO and Director of Operations. Depending on how much time you can offer, the website definitely has a lot of areas for improvement but also needs regular updating to reflect new events, news stories, new opportunities etc. You will be a valued member of the team.
What difference will you make?
Our website punches above its weight. We are refocusing our strategic priorities, and need someone to work with our CEO to help strengthen the site and maintain its position helping 1,000s of people across the world. Your role will help us to reach many more people that our website helps. New ideas are welcome. You are ready to face a challenge!
We need to work with people who love websites: designing, creating, maintaining them. If that sounds like you, get in touch! We are a growing social enterprise company, and need your help to make sure our websites reflect the great work we are doing. We love what we do and you should too. We can’t wait to meet you!
What’s in it for the volunteer?
- References for your CV / portfolio.
- Signposting to training and possible paid commissions.
If you want to give back to the Global Health community, make a positive change or you are passionate about supporting Public Health institutions through COVID-19. By being a volunteer, you can make a real difference in an area that needs massive support in the Global Healthcare industry.
We have a moral obligation to make the world a better place. And the only way we are going to do that is by doing it together. We also hope that with the experience the volunteer brings to grow our functions, this role might develop into a paid position with all its benefit, that might interest the volunteer.
Interested? Please let us know why this role appeals to you, what you can offer in terms of experience and skills (we would like to see your CV and other examples of your work). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- £ Salary Offer £0 ~ £15,000
- $ Salary Offer $0 ~ $15,000
- Experience Levels Junior
- Total Years of Experience 0-5