We are currently seeking candidates to fill a Research Lead / Senior Epidemiologist role.
You will have the scope and capability to develop research ideas, coordinate, conduct and communicate high quality, scientific research for both commercial and academic purposes. The successful candidate will work within a small, experienced team of international researchers and alongside our clinical, statistical and database colleagues. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience within an internationally recognised research organisation involved in the analysis and dissemination of real-life research from large-scale observational studies and pragmatic randomised controlled trials.
This role can be internationally home based, travel to our UK (Cambridge or Norfolk), Singapore or Brisbane offices may be required.
- Lead research proposals for academic and commercial clients.
- Develop statistical analysis plans and conduct analyses for clinical database studies and pragmatic randomised controlled trials.
- Liaise with study sponsors and steering committee experts throughout the project.
- Take leadership of a project team from idea generation to delivery of the study outputs.
- Critically review the work of other members of the research team and mentor less experienced members as necessary.
- Contribute, as an author, to journal publications, conference abstracts and posters.
- Present at international conferences.
- Postgraduate degree in life sciences (e.g. MSc, PhD), epidemiology, biostatistics or equivalent with 3-5 years of experience
Experience and Key Skills
- Demonstrable experience of large clinical database research ideally with practical experience of using Clinical Practice Research Datalink (CPRD) data or equivalent
- Experience of leading health research projects from start to completion
- Analysis and dissemination of real-life research from large-scale observational studies
- Protocol writing
- Manuscript writing
- Authorship of journal publications (at least 10 peer-reviewed publications)
- Working with large databases (in excess of 100k)
- Statistical analysis using Stata, R, SQL or MySQL
- Biostatistical experience: regressions (logistics, conditional), survival analysis
- Client relations, liaising with external parties internationally, strong leadership and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
Contract and Salary
Starting salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.
Immediate start is available.
Please send your CV with a covering letter summarising your suitability for the role. Candidates will be required to undertake a remote skills test prior to interview.
We look forward to hearing from you.