We are seeking a highly motivated and organized individual to support an exciting collaboration between JHU and the International Institute for Primary Health Care-Ethiopia (IIfPHC-E). This position is a critical management and coordination role with opportunities to network, contribute to a range of products, and gain skills managing a sizeable grant. The project is ambitious with tight timelines and inherent complexities of working internationally with several large institutions involved. The ideal candidate will be self-directed and also collaborative and able to be proactive as well as flexible in finding the best approaches to achieve desired outcomes.
- Full time
- Full benefits
- Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Working in conjunction with the IIfPHC-E staff in Ethiopia and the JHU team based in the US, the Research Associate will fill a key coordination and project management role. The role will include close communication with JHU faculty and the project leadership in Ethiopia to ensure that project activities remain on track and targets are met. The Research Associate will also be a key player in facilitating communications with other committees and advisors of the project to ensure that they remain up-to-date and can provide timely input on activities as the project moves forward. As a member of a small team working on ambitious goals, we seek a candidate who thrives in a fluid workplace, is nimble and resourceful.
Specific duties include but are not restricted to:
- Coordinate the administrative and scientific implementation of the IIfPHC-E project
- Maintain communications between the team in Ethiopia and JHU regarding progress on work products as well as disbursement of project funds
- Host project-related meetings (on Zoom or in person), prepare notes and document decisions
- Track progress towards grant and contract targets and deliverables and ensure accountability of all team members
- Maintain relationships and organize communications between the project team and advisory committees, any consultants/sub-contractors, and other senior advisors
- Develop and maintain a project Dropbox (or similar online database) to track and file all products and data relevant to project implementation and deliverables
- Facilitate visits from IIfPHC-E team members to JHU and vice versa
- Contribute to the further development and promotion of the Resource Center at IIfPHC-E
- Contribute to data analysis and product development (including but not limited to advocacy materials, policy briefs, reports, peer-reviewed publications, and other products)
- Contribute to the development of curricula and online course content
- Track learner progress via online platforms, facilitate technical assistance for online learners as needed, and support evaluations of training programs
- Other duties as needed
- Masters Degree with interest, experience, and/or education in public health or a related field highly preferred
- Must have at least one years of experience working in a professional setting and supporting technical program activities; 2+ years are preferred
- Experience traveling to and/or working with partners and/or colleagues from and in low- and middle-income country (LMIC) settings preferred
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Should have an interest in, and ideally some experience, working with teams spanning multiple countries
- Should have an interest in Primary Health Care and/or community health worker programs
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills in English; high comfort level for writing and presenting data and information in a compelling way to different audiences.
- Ability to work independently as well as with all levels of management and staff.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks requiring a high degree of attention to detail.
- Diplomatic, with the ability to exercise proper discretion and judgment.
- Ability to balance appropriately between independent action and referring issues to supervisors.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Internet, etc.
- Survey development and evaluation tool development skills are preferred
How To Apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to Dr. Meike Schleiff at firstname.lastname@example.org
- £ Salary Offer £50,000 ~ £100,000
- Experience Levels Junior
- Total Years of Experience 0-5