Type Full Time
Program (Division) Global Laboratory Services
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries (LMICs), while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
The Laboratory Services Team (LST) plays a lead role at CHAI in helping increase access to high quality, reliable and affordable diagnostic services. This includes improving the overall labs system and ensuring the timely and scaled rollout of the most appropriate screening, diagnostics and monitoring technologies.
CHAI is currently working with Ministries of Health to explore the potential for public-private partnerships (PPPs) to strengthen their laboratory systems and create long-term improvements in healthcare delivery. CHAI will work with these countries to assess, design, negotiate and implement a public private partnership between partner governments and their respective private partners in order to realize this target impact.
CHAI is seeking a high-performing and entrepreneurial person for a key role as Program Manager . They will play a lead role in advising and developing these labs-focused partnership agreements across a number of countries. The Program Manager will be the lab service expert for Ministries of Health and CHAI country teams to draw on for both technical and strategic guidance. They will deliver a rigorous and timely deal development and approval process and manage high-level relationships with a broad set of internal and external stakeholders. They will ensure rigorous and evidence-based analysis guides this process and ensures development of the most sustainable and impactful partnerships. They will provide overall program management across participating countries.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with strong analytical and project management experience, expertise in resource-limited health systems, and deep commitment to contributing towards CHAI and LST’s strategic goals. The candidate must be able to work independently and flexibly, prioritize across multiple workstreams and manage both internal and external collaborations. They should have experience managing direct reports. The Program Manager will report to the Associate Director, Laboratory Services Team.
CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
- Design options for PPP deals that addresses government priorities – this will include defining the PPP scope and estimating the cost and impact
- Develop appropriate supporting analyses to drive official decision-making process – lab system gaps analysis; feasibility studies of PPP models; financial and value for money analyses and more
- Support MOH and other government bodies in the process of determining and securing government approval of the deal
- Develop strategic and technical recommendations for the scale up of the project
- Landscapes of existing laboratory services, regulatory environment and government resources
- Informing the strategy and engagement with private companies in the project country and globally
- Designing the PPP model options and the framework and supporting analyses to select the appropriate model and private partner for each country’s context