Company: Osteoathletic Inc.
Business Information: Osteoathletic Inc. is an award-winning multidisciplinary healthcare facility in Milton, Ontario that caters to elite athletes and clients who wish to return to an active lifestyle. Clients seeking treatment are assessed through a whole body and individual sport approach, with the therapist looking at the cause of injury, the postural and mechanical obstacles inhibiting recovery and the specific demands of the client’s sport/activity. Due to overwhelming demand for our services, we are looking for a skilled osteopathic manual practitioner with strong manual therapy skills and extensive knowledge and experience treating various health conditions, with a particular emphasis on spinal conditions, acute/chronic pain and sporting injuries.
Business Location: 1215 Maple Avenue, Milton, ON, L9T 0A5
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time, Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
The ideal candidate will have competency in their hands, and will integrate cranio-sacral therapy, visceral manipulation, osteo-articular techniques, and myofascial release, as well as have an understanding of how these systems work together. In addition, this individual will have a thorough understanding of major pathologies and a love and passion for helping others achieve optimal health.
As an osteopathic manual practitioner, you will need to:
• Diagnose the diseases, physiological disorders and injuries of patients and treat them. Make a working diagnosis and plan treatment customized to the patient, which includes homecare suggestions
• Manipulate or apply pressure to various parts of the body, hands and feet. Use appropriate osteopathic techniques such as osteoarticular correction, muscle energy, visceral mobilization, cranial osteopathy, myofascial tension and strain counter strain as appropriate to provide treatment and address the root cause of the patient’s condition
• Provide other alternative forms of health care to patients
• Assess the patient’s general posture and check for restrictions or tensions in joints or muscles by asking them to perform a series of active movements
• Take detailed case histories from new patients, including both general health (lifestyle and diet) and specific symptoms
• Undertake physical examinations by using a highly refined sense of touch (palpation) to identify any restricted, weak or strained areas of the body
• Refer patients to their GP or other specialists, if required
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date patient records
-Education: Completion of a four- to five- year college program in osteopathy is required.
-Experience: A minimum of 2 years of relevant manual osteopathy experience is required.
-Experience treating elite athletes is a strong asset.
-Knowledge requirements: Understanding of cranio-sacral therapy, visceral manipulation, osteo-articular techniques, myofascial release, and major pathologies
-Training certification in Sport and Exercise is a strong asset.
– Must be registered or be willing to register with either the Ontario Osteopathic Association or the Ontario Association of Osteopathic Manual Practitioners
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Manual dexterity, bending, crouching, and kneeling.
-Personal Suitability: Reliability, Judgment, Dependability, Flexibility, Effective interpersonal skills, Accurate, Client Focus, Excellent written and oral communication
Salary: $30-$35 Hourly, 30-40 hours per week
Important Information: Variable schedule. The employee will work 6-9 hours per day on an on-call basis. Flexibility on schedule is required. Overtime work may be required depending on the business needs, a minimum of 30 hours per week are guaranteed. Schedule:
Monday: 9am – 8pm
Tuesday: 9am – 2:30pm
Wednesday: 9 am – 8pm
Friday: 3pm – 8pm
Saturday: 10am – 6pm
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: 9025 Derry Road, Milton, ON, L9T 7Y9