: Feb 12, 2020, 3:22:31 AM
: Mar 3, 2020, 10:59:00 PM
: India-New Delhi
: SE/DAF Director – Administration & Finance
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To provide support for procurement of health supplies, compatible with the requirements of technical programmes, Member Countries and Regional Office at the best prices in a timely manner ensuring best value for money in all such procurement.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
1. Assist in preparation of Requests for Quotation (RFQs) for procurement and dispatch them to the vendors. Prepare comparators of received quotation, assist in preparation of adjudication reports, purchase orders using ‘Order Administrator’ and ‘RPE specialist’ in GSM.
Essential: Completion of secondary education
Essential: At least two years’ experience in clerical post or related work in UN organization, international organization, government, business or professional office
Good Knowledge of modern office procedures and practices; Good knowledge of MS Office; Knowledge of other software applications in an advantage
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at INR 496,317 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- The written test for shortlisted candidates will tentatively be held during the period 16 to 31 March 2020.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO’s workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
- £ Salary Offer POA