Glencore is currently seeking for a Registered Occupational Health/Site Nurse to join the Glencore health & medical team. Due to our continued growth, we are seeking a qualified Occupational Health/ Registered Nurses. This is an opportunity to build your career working alongside leading global companies that are completing ground-breaking projects. This role is responsible for providing first aid injury and illness treatment, occupational health programs, and all facets of pre-hospital patient management and on-site emergency response. This role is for an experienced and intrepid professional who is able to mobilise quickly from the regional operation site to cover health related assignments. To be successful in this role, you will be a team player that is able to positively respond to changing conditions and uphold our company’s high personal and professional standards. The qualified entity is entitled to Glencore paid Training and professional development assistance related to this role. Glencore is one of the world’s largest global diversified natural resource companies. Our global network comprises more than 90+ offices located in over 50+ countries, plus we have over 150+ mining and metallurgical sites, offshore oil production assets, farms and agricultural facilities. We employ approximately 190,000 people and it’s these people that we value above all else. They are our greatest asset. In addition to a competitive salary, we know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms. Our strategy is to maintain and build upon our position as a leading integrated producer and marketer of commodities worldwide. We always seek to recruit best talents globally and annually to match this multinational continuous growth objective. Join us and let’s grow together.
• Great insurance, Health & Wellness • Flexible Spending Account (FSA) • Health Savings Account (HSA) • Retirement & Pension Plan • Performance Bonus and 401K Plan • Supplemental Workers' Compensation • Maternity & Paternity Leave • Reduced or Flexible Hours • Family Medical Leave • Child and Dependent Care • Vacation & Paid Time Off • On-site Free Lunch or Snacks • Company Car and Legal assistance • Professional Support and development
Key Responsibilities include:
- Man the Glencore medical clinic on-site and provide medical treatment and assessments to employees and contractors.
- Attend to all emergency and non-emergency patient presentations or call outs.
- Keep accurate medical records of patient visits, health plans, and reviews.
- Ensure all facilities and equipment are maintained to a high standard and kept in state of readiness at all times.
- Operate the ambulance as per site rules and regulations.
- Undertake daily pre-start checks on all vehicles, clinic equipment, and medication pouches to ensure operational readiness.
- Provide immediate reporting to Site Safety Manager with any work related injury presentations.
- Provide on-going medical first aid training and support to project staff.
- Actively participate in on-going continuous improvement process of onsite services.
- Liaise with and/or support Injury Management Advisors as requested.
- Undertake audits, risk assessments, and inspections of medical and emergency response equipment.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Current Certified Nursing qualification and Registration.
- Minimum of 2 years site experience desired.
- Minimum of 3 years’ on-road experience in a state ambulance service or ED.
- Current Advance Life Support (ALS1 or ALS2) qualification.
- Accredited qualification in Drug and Alcohol and Hydration.
- Effective patient assessment skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to assess medical reports against standards.
- Ability to lead, supervise, delegate, and negotiate with others to deliver quality nursing care.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and organise workload and deliver care with integrity and accountability.
- An understanding of patient centred care and demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of the multi-disciplinary health care team.
- Certificate IV Workplace Trainer and Assessor (must be completed within 3 months of commencement of employment here at Glencore training centre).
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and recent CV via the apply form/button or our career email below: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants are contacted for the interview.
- £ Salary Offer £50,000 ~ £100,000
- $ Salary Offer $50,000 ~ $100,000
- Experience Levels Senior
- Total Years of Experience 5-10