: Apr 14, 2020, 9:52:29 AM
: Apr 28, 2020, 10:59:00 PM
: EM_LEB WHO Representative’s Office, Lebanon
Position number 418706
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to formulate, evaluate and implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member States health development agendas that aims to increase access to and effectiveness of high quality health care, sound Health Financing and Human Resources strategies and better Health Governance.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
1. Contribute to the planning, formulation, implementation, monitoring and of the medical supply chain activities and stock management.2. Liaise with the WHO team and Ministry of Public Health on quality control and assurance systems for procurement, supply chain management, distribution and storage, including cold storage of medical products and issues related to access of quality-assured medical products, market intelligence, pricing and the appropriate use of medical products at the various health care levels.3. Provide technical insight for the upgrading and automation of the warehouse.4. Provide technical support the team of the management capacity at the central and peripheral level.Ministry of Public Health for the expansion of the national Barcode system.5. Support the update of the national medicines list for the country.6. Arrange for national capacity building activities in the area of pharmacovigilance reporting/automation.7. Coordinate the publishing and dissemination of information, documents and guidelines on best practices and coordinated efforts pertaining to the various technical activities.
Essential: University degree in Pharmacy.
Desirable: Masters Degree in public health.
Essential: At least 2 years experience in related field of managing pharmaceutical products.
Desirable: Previous experience with WHO or UN organizations
-Knowledge about WHO Programme on Essential Medicines and Health Technologies.-Understanding of the concepts of access to medical products, supply chain management, rational selection and use.-Knowledge of WHO and/or UN procurement procedures.
WHO global Competencies model at
(b) Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
(d) Producing results
(e) Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Arabic.
Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of French.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at LBP 99,601,000 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply on-line through Stellis. For assessment of your application, please ensure that: (I) Your profile on Stellis is properly completed and updated;(ii) All required details regarding your qualifications, education and training are provided; (iii) Your experience records are entered with elaboration on tasks performed at the time. Kindly note that CVs/PHFs inserted via LinkedIn are not accessible.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO’s workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
- £ Salary Offer POA