About the role
Crown Agents is seeking to appoint a Junior Project Accountant on a 1 year contract (Possible to be extended) to work on the ASCEND programme within the Finance department.
Function of Department
The Finance function’s role is to provide a complete accounting and financial management service to enable the Board and Management to meet statutory requirements and exercise effective financial control over the Crown Agents businesses.
Main Job Purpose
Reporting to the Senior Project Accountant (SPA), The role is responsible to work alongside the SPA to support Project Managers to manage project finances and for performing month-end project accounting tasks.
As an experienced finance professional, you will use your accounting knowledge to support all forms of project financial reporting and assist finance leadership in continuous process improvement.
- Support in the preparation of monthly financial reports in coordination with the Senior Project Accountant, Programme Manager and Regional Finance Manager, and consortium partners
- Supporting Project Managers with specific queries regarding the financial aspects of the project
- Facilitate the preparation of monthly invoices to be sent to FCDO along with the financial and spend reports
- Assist with explanations and investigations of significant monthly variances
- Monitor programme budgets and ensure expenses are allocated to agreed budget lines
- Assisting with the monthly, quarterly, yearly financial forecasting
- Review Project Spend forms received from the Contract and Compliance Team (C&C) and from Regional Offices
- Prepare payment requests for Funding to IP’s/Ministries
- In collaboration with the Senior Project Accountant Develop and improve systems and processes to ensure efficient and effective management of project finances and reporting, including monitoring spend against implementation plans/projections
- Ensure all project related documentations are appropriately stored and easily accessible to auditors
- Support with project audits both internally and externally and ensure timely response to audit requests and queries
- Ensure appropriate project accounting through working with various stakeholders, including
- Supporting with internal forecasting
- Assist with the preparation and posting of accurate journals in accordance with revenue recognition policy
- Supporting with project submission forms and with commentary on variances and project risk
- Support with the reconciliation between the Time recording system (PSA) to the Accounting system (SUN) and help resolve any discrepancies
- Ensure programme financial practices and administrative management are in compliance with Crown Agents and FCDO contractual rules and regulations
- Support implementation of best practice processes and continually seek opportunities to innovate and improve performance
- Undertaking any necessary training associated with the duties of the post and participates in training and development procedures
- Complying with Company Health and Safety policies and legislation in the performance of their duties and responsibilities
- Maintaining confidentiality and observing data protection guidelines
- Be aware of and adhere to company quality standards and procedures in accordance with Crown Agent’s commitment to working to the highest quality standards and striving for continual improvement
- Graduate or AAT qualified or relevant work experience and studying towards an accounting qualification
- Minimum 2.5 – 3 years experience in an accounting role
- Experience of working effectively where strong organisational skills are required
- Grant accounting experience and/or working with Institutional funders (EU, FCDO, USAID) and with international partner organisations ideal.
- Strong understanding of technical accounting as it relates to projects
- Work effectively with people across all levels
- Desire to progress and be a quick learner, self-starter
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.
- $ Salary Offer POA
- Total Years of Experience 3-4