Partners In Health (PIH) works closely with the public sector, such as Ministries of Health, in all our service delivery locations to advance the human right to health. We work with district, national, and regional actors to align government strategies and care delivery towards Universal Health Care, building from Partners In Health’s philosophy and care delivery experience. This role will focus on tools and materials aimed at governments in our service delivery countries, to be deployed by in-country PIH teams. The Associate will track needs/requests for government accompaniment materials from care delivery site staff, to advance goals identified by site leadership. A major focus of the associate’s work will be developing new materials, such as presentations, case studies, or Excel tools. The Associate will also curate, and where needed summarize or repackage, a repository of existing PIH tools and publications, and manage systems to track accomplishments and opportunities related to government accompaniment.
Develop Materials and Tools for Government Accompaniment in Implementing Locations (50%)
- Identify priority materials for development. Work with colleagues to scope the objectives, format, and work plan for creating materials and tools.
- Conduct internal and external research, including desk research and interviews; compile data from internal and published sources.
- Write persuasive briefings, presentations, or case studies clearly synthesizing multiple information sources, in a format aimed to outline experiences or recommendations for a government audience
- Create or customize intermediate-level Excel models for planning and forecasting
- Display data in graphs, figures, or graphics to highlight recommendations or conclusions
Curate Resources and Manage Information for Government Accompaniment (30%)
- Curate and continually update a resource library relevant for government accompaniment and policy, linking to any existing resource repositories. Gain and maintain familiarity with existing body of PIH tools, publications, and evidence.
- Respond to requests for information from implementing site colleagues with targeted suggestions of existing materials relevant to the implementing site’s accompaniment needs
- Track care delivery site activities and accomplishments related to government accompaniment, for internal PIH dissemination
- Create and manage an integrated calendar of anticipated key policy windows for a group of care delivery sites
Project Management and Administration (20%)
- Monitor progress of work plans for material and tool development against deadlines/milestones; communicate with colleagues regarding inputs and approvals.
- Set and facilitate meetings and work sessions relevant to developing or curating materials
- Track and consolidate requests for materials for government accompaniment across implementing sites
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of work experience
- Excellent command of the English language, with superlative writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects with deadlines and time-intensive writing processes
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain systems for information management
- Advanced Excel Skills (Pivot Tables, Conditional Logic Functions, etc.) preferred
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and countries
- Interest in social justice strongly desirable
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Kazakhstan, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.
- £ Salary Offer POA