- Duration: Fixed term contract for three months
- Salary: £26,064.56 gross per annum plus 9% employer pension contribution
- Location: UK-based, with occasional international travel
- Closing date: 9.00am UK time, 27 January 2021
- Interviews: Date to be confirmed
We are currently seeking a Department Assistant to join the Europe-Asia team who has previous administration and support experience. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate initiative and enthusiasm when approaching new challenges. The candidate will also have experience in organising events and liaising with external providers. It is essential that the candidate has good computer and IT skills, including experience working with Microsoft Office packages.
The Europe-Asia Department Assistant provides administrative and logistical support to the work of the Europe-Asia department in implementing effective and sustainable peacebuilding and conflict resolution work within the Europe-Asia department. The post holder provides support to the Programme teams’ liaison with partners, contributes to financial and narrative reporting and makes arrangements for programme travel and events.
They support the Department team to provide a link between Programme teams in the Europe-Asia department and wider parts of Conciliation Resources to ensure the department’s work is efficient, inclusive and in accordance with safeguarding and security standards. The Europe-Asia Department Assistant also supports learning and fundraising within the department, to ensure sustainability of Conciliation Resources’ peacebuilding work within the Europe-Asia department.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience of working in an administrative and support position to a team.
- Interest in peacebuilding and conflict transformation processes.
- Interests in contexts relevant to the department and its work.
- Experience of financial administration including processing finance reports, receipts or invoices.
- Experience of supporting the organisation of events, including providing logistical support to participants from overseas.
- Experience of working with databases, handling diverse sources of information and maintaining filing systems.
- Experience of liaising with external partners and service providers.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Ability to summarise and convey information accurately and concisely.
- Commitment to, and experience of, team and cross-organisational working.
- Appreciation of issues of confidentiality, and cross-cultural and political sensitivity.
- Initiative, enthusiasm and a problem-solving approach to new challenges.
- Willingness to work irregular hours occasionally and to undertake occasional international travel.
- Experience of hostile environment training or willingness to undertake hostile environment training.
- Good computer and IT skills, including experience working with Microsoft Office software packages, databases, email and the internet.
Desirable knowledge, skills and experience
- Spoken and written Russian.
- Experience working with Mac computers.
- Experience using Podio or similar project and data management software.
- $ Salary Offer POA
- Total Years of Experience 0-2