University of Global Health Equity is on a mission to radically change the way health care is delivered around the world. UGHE is a new university based in Rwanda that is building the next generation of global health professionals—doctors, nurses, researchers, and public health and policy experts—into leaders and change makers who strive to deliver more equitable, quality health services for all.
We believe that building bridges across sectors is a necessity to sustainably transform health education and delivery globally, but also to eliminate the gap between the most and least disadvantaged.
Hamwe Festival, a platform that brings the health sector together with creative industries annually with the dual mission to create an enabling environment for strong collaboration between the health and creative sectors, as well as to generate new insights into global health challenges and corresponding solutions, using the unique and complementary vantage points of creative and global health professionals.
Title: Digital Festival Logistics Coordination Assistant
Reports to: Festival Coordinator
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Nature of role: Fixed Term Contract – 4 months
Role Purpose: To contribute to the delivery of festival logistics of Hamwe 2020.
The Digital Festival Logistics Coordination assistant will work with Hamwe team members and the festival partners, the successful candidates will play a key role in the delivery of festival logistics of Hamwe 2020.
- Have an active role in event planning and implementation process, this includes supporting internal and external communications, documenting meetings and sessions, creating plannings and monitoring their implementation
- Organize and maintain an efficient and effective filing system
- Support Festival coordinator in procurement process
- Conduct surveys of stakeholders
- Contribute to time keeping, sessions quality control, reporting and suggest improvements
- Perform other duties as required to maintain smooth running of festival operations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to event management and promotion is preferable
- Experience supporting coordination of events
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in a wide range of stakeholder groups.
Applicants should provide: (1) National ID (2) a curriculum vitae and (3) a cover letter.
Please upload your cover letter and CV and proof of degrees attained as a single PDF file under “Additional Files” on the application page.