The position holder reports to the Monrovia Senior Accountant and manages the bookkeeping and cash management function of PIH Monrovia Office consistent with generally accepted accounting principles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages Petty Cash system.
- Reviews payments Request, for proper coding (Supercode, fund, Program and site), approval etc.
- Processes petty cash and check payments.
- Receives and reviews petty cash related requests/vouchers for cash disbursement or liquidation in full.
- Ensures that supporting documents (cash receipts, vouchers, attendance sheets, travel documents, TORs, Event Reports, Trip Report, Email Communication, etc) are accurate and orderly organized.
- Prepares monthly petty cash reports in field connect.
- Prepare accurate daily cash count for approvals.
- Manages the safe ensuring safety at all times.
- Works with Sen. Accountant to review and inputs Aps transactions in omni.
- Forwards payment confirmations to sites and ensure receipts are collect.
- Enters PIH Mobile Money into only Mobile Money Platform.
- Collects and Deposit checks into PIH Bank account with supporting documentations.
- Manages petty cash levels and ensure liquidity.
- Manages petty cash advances and ensure timely liquidation.
- Manages checks books and ensure they are kept in PIH safe.
- Supports Snr Accountant or Accountant to ensure invoices are collected and paid on time.
- Input invoices in Microsoft Dynamics (Serenic).
- Collects, reviews and make cash advances, reimbursements, etc payments to Monrovia Staff in line with PIH Internal policies and donor requirements.
- Ensures hardcopies of donor reports are photocopied and delivered on time.
- prepares weekly petty cash top up request.
- Processes daily hire requests.
- Ensure monthly payroll taxes are paid to relevant government agencies on time.
- Logically file (hard copies and electronic) all financial and business documents of
- Reviews and processes reimbursement in line with PIH and donor requirements and process at the field level.
- Liaise with grants and compliance to ensure procurement/purchases are made in compliance with donor requirements.
- Supports donor based and annual audits by locating and organizing requested documents.
- Any task(s) as assigned by the Snr Accountant.
- Attention to details
- Demonstrate understanding of PIH overall mission.
- Ability to be coachable.
- Ability to work in teams and under pressure.
- $ Salary Offer POA